Rethinking Vendor Management with Encanvas
STREAM is a next-generation cloud and mobile Vendor Management System developed using ENCANVAS by the technology innovation team of Newton Day Ltd. Find out what the team chose our platform – and what they did with it…
In response to the fast pace of change in the digital era, the world of business is transitioning to a flexible workforce made up of contracted and ‘gig’ workers. Newton Day identified a technology innovation opportunity with its partner businesses to serve growing contingent workforce management demands. The first generation of SaaS-based VMS solutions were designed around the presumption businesses would hire a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to outsource their people management and indirect staffing vendor supply-chain. Newton Day saw an opportunity to create a new generation of VMS that displaced the ‘human-in-the-loop’ to provide larger economies to buyers.
The STREAM project team used ENCANVAS to create:
- A multi-stakeholder Contingent Workforce VMS that provided a tailored portal to each User Group
- With integrated email automations to displace the need for on premise program management and admin roles
- Used Encanvas Document Management and handling features to ensure required legal documents were uploaded by suppliers and workers
- Employed algorithms to calculate pay rates when workers submitted timesheets based on their contract and employment law
- Supported rich performance reporting and dashboards to make the entire supply-chain transparent
- Integrated with client ERP and financial systems to streamline purchase-to-pay
- Mobile enablement allowed approvals to be made within notification emails so Users don’t log-in to the online system
Create and Approve Timesheets
The total project was delivered on-time and on-budget. The project team were able to harness the features of Encanvas – particularly its document management, email workflow and integration possibilities with host systems – to bring additional value to the project that wasn’t originally considered.
- Fit to design brief 100% 100%
- Achieved project deadlines 100% 100%
- Extra Value Added by Encanvas Features 40% 40%