Platform as a Service Journal
Read news on the impact and influence of platform-as-a-service solutions on business results
Facts about Platform-as-a-service (Paas)
1. Platform as a service (PaaS) is one of the three primary tiers of cloud computing, allowing businesses the opportunity to redirect resources away from IT hardware, software, and personnel expenses, and towards other business needs. (Statista)
2. The public cloud PaaS service market worldwide in 2021 is 80bn USD. (Statista)
3. The second–highest growth rate of 21.8 percent will be achieved by cloud application infrastructure services or PaaS. (Gartner)
4. The average Spend per Employee in the PaaS segment is projected to reach US$17.71 in 2021. (Statista)
5. There are four different types of PaaS which can be classified as computing platforms, web applications, business applications, and social applications. (Globenewswire)
Why every business requires a digital platform, and a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) to deliver it
The digital age has transformed how businesses use data. At one time, enterprise computing was about supplying Systems of Record (SoRs) to serve employees that took care of all data entry and management issues behind a firewall. Today, customers want to serve themselves, they demand transparency, and frequent updates on the performance of services provided by suppliers.
Few organizations that weren’t born into the digital age have back-office systems that are up to the task. A significant gap exists between back-office Systems of Record, and the IT platforms (today often described as digital ecosystems) demanded by stakeholders.
Digital Ecosystems must serve ALL stakeholders in a single integrated information management environment. They also need to be tailored to support the differentiating qualities of providers. This has led to the emergence of cloud PaaS solutions like Encanvas that allow non-technical authors to design and deploy applications to support their business processes and workflows that extend beyond the traditional financial system or ERP.
Want to subscribe to our site? Please register here: www.encanvas.com/subscribe