Extend your workforce with Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Social media, cloud computing, big data, mobile computing, the Internet of Things… while all these changes have happened, levels of office automation and productivity haven’t substantively improved.
Since the 1980’s, productivity in the office has improved by *3% compared to a 75% productivity increase in factories over the same period. Encanvas mimics the actions that humans perform at their desktop to eradicate mundane admin tasks, freeing up to 30% of work day time for knowledge workers.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) describes not just a new flavour of technology but a new approach to addressing office-centric data handling and processing tasks – those that previously required manual re-keying, spreadsheets, hard-copy documents and swivel chair workers to perform.
The main differences between RPA and Business Process Management (BPM) tools are:
- The automation does not fundamentally change the operation of the process. Instead of a human tapping keys and building spreadsheets, a computer software application mimics the same tasks in a similar way. Stakeholders do not see a fundamental change to their operating behaviours. The same process stages will generally occur.
- Training of robots is generally performed using code-free software, so it’s quick to do and easy to adapt.
- IT challenges like implementing complex APIs are removed by re-keying or robotically extracting/uploading data to legacy systems.
- Rather than being ‘a technology platform’ requiring a big upfront investment and lots of risks, ‘robots’ are supplied as-a-service that can be outsourced in the same way as people, individually selected by departmental managers and billed monthly – with all the contractual flexibility that represents.
Why Encanvas for RPA?
The automation challenges for RPA are not solely about the dexterity of tech-tools. There are many potential inhibitors to change that can derail RPA projects that Encanvas overcomes:
- The cost of IT and change can exceed the anticipated return when applications may be used by only a handful of users (or potentially just one). Encanvas makes robotics affordable.
- The time and difficulty of capturing and interpreting use case needs can become an impenetrable barrier to projects moving forward. Mistakes made at this stage can cause managers to lose confidence in justifying future projects. Encanvas builds apps in real-time due to its codeless interfaces.
- When it comes to justifying investments in IT and project resources, building a Return-on-Investment (RoI) to can be difficult, if not impossible – when it’s not clear what’s needed to build the solution. Encanvas codeless authoring trains robots faster!
- Mimic humans
- 24-hour operation
- Reduce pressures on IT
- Bring data under IT control
- Capture process meta-data to fine-tune processes
- Available on or off-premise, as a platform–or as a service
- An integrated component of the Encanvas DX platform
- Remove up to 30% of a typical office workers tasks through simple augmentation of mundane tasks that contribute little business value to stakeholders – increasing workforce well-being and productivity
- Higher uptime – Robots don’t need to sleep, they don’t take a break or go off-sick
- IT doesn’t have to invest valuable resources in software developments for the long-tail of apps that serve a small community of users
- Robots are safer for data: They capture more meta-data on process activity and are easier to monitor than humans. Also, they make fewer mistakes and have no innate desire to cause mischief!
- Log files enable robots to report in real-time on activity performance – important for on-demand digital transactions where seconds can matter.
- Encanvas provides the widest range of commercial options for RPA
- For class-leading user identity management, group and website administration, business analytics, data security and applications customization capabilities.