The world is changing. We can expect in the next decade to see the majority of people living in a digital metropolis where they will work, rest and play.
Population growth and technology are driving the success of digital cities. The most successful will attract the brightest talent from around the world. There are over 1400 digital cities today. These municipalities are facing a surge in data volumes as transport, logistics and population facilitation services embrace the use of sensor-based (IoT) devices.
Administrators and policy makers will be faced with the challenge of having to make near-real-time decisions. More than this, they will need technology to anticipate threats, emergencies and bottlenecks that impact on the effectiveness of the digital city ecosystem to serve its citizens and visitors.
The Application Fabric
Each digital city will need to monitor, govern and maintain thousands of digital assets, potentially millions of drones, IoT devices and monitor movements across its geography. What’s more, they will need to log events and use all of this data to anticipate and act on potential risks before they occur. Encanvas was designed for this world – to support the ultimate ‘digital ecosystem’ to manage a digital metropolis.
What is an Application Fabric?
We use the term application fabric to describe the code-less over-arching digital environment that harvests data, processes it and serves output to systems and decision makers.
Encanvas supports the following capabilities:
- Live Wire-Frame code-less apps design – Code-less computer-aided near-real-time authoring of applications to speed time-to-value and remove bug creation/testing/tuning.
- Intuitive data visualisations – In addition to the JSON integration capabilities of Encanvas to harvest the best 3rd party data visualization tools available, Encanvas includes its own integral reporting and data visualization tooling.
- Drill-through reports – It’s not always possible to trust a dashboard or graphical visualisation of data. All data presentation tools used in Encanvas offer click-through access to source data to enable results validation.
- Federated geo-data analysis – Encanvas offers a unique inbuilt geo-mapping capability based on data management best practise. Unlike legacy GIS systems, Encanvas does not compose composite map files but presents data and vectors as layers on a canvas. This approach is essential for data mashup applications.
- Ready-to-play solutions for asset control, traffic flow and traffic information management – Encanvas has been used for over a decade by private companies, digital cities and transport authorities to manage assets, traffic information and metropolis areas. This has resulted in a number of ready-to-use digital city applications.
- Federate views of digital city geographies and systems
- Integrated robotics
- Data mashup and ETL tooling – Use our ETL tooling to cleaning, normalize, de-dupe, transform and upload data.
- Served pages
- 24-hour operation
- Scalable cloud architecture
- An integrated component of the Encanvas DX platform
- No coding, no errors, smaller IT, better apps
- Powerful, federated map and data visualisations, aggregating many subjects on the same canvas
- Automate manual operations
- Encanvas has won awards for its multi-threaded, multi sourcing and multi-linking technologies which means you can pretty much connect to any data source and harvest data.
- Maximize data security with Encanvas served-pages, ensuring that no web pages exist to be hacked
- Higher uptime
- Affordably build hundreds of applications, scale data to ‘cloud dimensions’, monitor millions of assets and devices on a single platform